FYLINGDALES VILLAGE HALL HIRE AGREEMENT DATED:
1) The Village Hall named in clause 2.2 acting by its management committee:
2) The person or organisation named in clause 2.3:
AGREED as follows:
1. Throughout this Agreement:
• the Village Hall named in clause 2.2 is referred to as “we”; “our” is to be construed accordingly and “we” and “us” mean and include the Village Hall’s charity trustees, employees, volunteers, agents and invitees
• the person or organisation named in clause 2.3 is referred to as “you”; and “your” is to be construed accordingly; “you” also includes the members of your management committee (if appropriate), your employees, volunteers, agents and invitees
• where you must seek our consent, tell us about something or give us something, you must speak to and seek consent from the Hall Booking Secretary or, if the Hall Booking Secretary is not available, any of our charity trustees.
2. In consideration of the hire fee described in clause 2.4, we agree to permit you
to use the premises described in clause 2.5 for the purpose described in clause 2.6
for the period(s) described in clause 2.1. The details inserted in sub-
2.1 Date(s) required:
Time required (Hours): From:
2.2 Village Hall
a) Registered Charity No: 512079
b) Authorised Representative: Suzanne Lister
Address: Fylingdales Village Hall, Station Road, Robin Hoods Bay. YO22 4RA
Telephone 07817 034727 :
c) Name of Organisation’s Authorised Representative:
2.4 Hire Fee
Hire Fee: £
You must pay as a deposit at least one third of the cost of the booking at the time you sign this Agreement. You must pay the balance of the booking fee on or before the beginning of the event for which you hire the premises.
Bond: £ At the discretion of the Village Hall Management Committee.
We will refund the bond within 28 days of the termination of the period of hire provided that no damage or loss has been caused to the premises and/or contents, nor complaints made to us about noise or other disturbance during the period of the hiring as a result of the hiring.
Is this a commercial hire? Yes / No
Whole of hall:
If part of hall please specify:
Storage of equipment:
2.6 Purpose/description of hiring:
2.7 Will tickets be sold for your event? Yes / No
2.8 Is food to be provided at the event? Yes / No
2.9 Is alcohol to be provided at the event? Yes / No
2.10 Will there be an exhibition of a film? Yes / No
2.11 Will live music be performed or recorded music played? Yes / No
3. You agree not to exceed the maximum permitted number of people per room including the organisers/performers
• Main hall: 120
• Dining room: 30
4. The hall has a licence:
with the Performing Right Society (PRS) for the performance of copyright music from Phonographic Performance Licence (PPL).
4.1 We have a Premises Licence authorising entertainment and the sale of alcohol, however, if we believe that a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) would be in our best interests for this hiring, we will require you to give notice of a TEN.
Is a TEN required for this event? Yes / No
4.2 This Agreement gives permission to you for a performance of live music, the playing of recorded music, the performance of plays, the performance of dance, the making of music, dancing or an exhibition of a film but only in accordance with the Deregulation Act 2015.
The Village Hall is licensed for the above activities at the following times
Monday – Friday 10.00am to 11.30pm
Saturday 10.00am to 11.30pm
Sunday 10.00am to 10.00pm
(i) You are responsible for ensuring that screenings of film abide by age classification ratings.
(ii You agree that if regulated entertainment outside of the Deregulation Act 2015 is to be held you will obtain our consent to give notice of a TEN to the licensing authority.
(iii) You agree to obtain our consent to give notice of your intention to provide alcohol at the event and to give notice of a TEN to the licensing authority.
If you fail to comply with (i), (ii) or (iii) above, we will cancel the hiring without
compensation. This is because there is a limit on the number of TENs that can be
granted annually for any premises. Lack of co-
5. You agree with us to be present (by your authorised representative, if appropriate) during the hiring and to comply fully with this Agreement.
6 We and you hereby agree that the Standard Conditions of Hire, together with any additional conditions imposed under the Licence or that we deem necessary, form part of the terms of this Agreement unless we and you agree in writing.
7. None of the provisions of this Agreement are intended to or will operate to confer any benefit pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 on a person who is not named as a party to this Agreement.
8. Are sub-
Village Hall insurance? Yes / No
If no, name of insurer providing cover:
Signed by the person named at 2.2(b) above, duly authorised, on behalf of the Village Hall:
I confirm that I have read,understand and agree the Standard Conditions of Hire.
Signed by the person named at 2.3(a) above or at 2.3(c) above, duly authorised, on behalf of the organisation named at 2.3(b) above, where applicable: